Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Design Intent: Intended for a purpose

I am a product designer. When I am asked to design products it is assumed that I am designing with purpose and intent. I try to attach reason and logic for the shapes and functions I come up with…otherwise the final design really serves no purpose. As I look out my office window at the sky, the grass, the trees…I am humbled once again.
Everything in this world…every creature, every plant, everything was designed by God not only to just exist, but to serve a purpose. God is the greatest designer to have ever designed. All the colors, the smells, the sights, and the tastes were designed with purpose and intent.
Sometimes I wonder why was I born with curly hair, why I am a certain height, why is my personality the way it is, why is my skin so white…and so on. Today I was reminded that God designed every single part of my being down to each hair on my head. Every part of me was designed with intent. I was created for a purpose, and everything about me was designed to fulfill that purpose. How wonderful is that? I may not know all the details of that purpose just yet, but just to know that I was uniquely designed is simply amazing.
“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Ephesians 2:10
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.” Psalm 139:13
God, help me to realize and step into the purpose which you have so carefully designed me for. Help me to not be afraid, but to boldly step into it.

Thoughts from the mind of Jason…

1 comment:

Bla Bla said...

when are you publishing that devo book Jas?

and ps...did you ever get that email i sent you about our dream to go into business together? ;)