Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Curly???

I had my hair cut tonight. If you didn't already notice, in late April I had my long locks chopped to just longer than collarbone length for a change and a reason not to wear a ponytail every single day like I was since Evelyn was born.

I needed a trim and was surprised when the new stylist I went to here told me that MY HAIR IS CURLY. No way! I have always WANTED curly hair - I don't HAVE curly hair! She told me that the myth about women going curly from pregnancy is true and often occurs to the hair on the back of the head - exactly where my hair has been considerably wavy. I was chalking it up to the haircut + the product I was using + the humidity + the new water + who knows what else.

But, I guess I have curly hair in the back of my head. It's like a new kind of post-pregnancy mullet - a curly party in the back and some straight business in the front.

3 comments:

~cjoy said...

I had that happen when I donated my long hair last summer..."curly". I was ecstatic! I've always had very fine, very straight hair. It's mostly in the back for me, too...and the shorter it is, the more noticable and full it looks. I just love having some body in it finally! :)

Anne said...

Oh fun for you! I bet it looks great!

Tara said...

That's funny! My hair was very curly in high school and college, but it seems much less curly to me since having a baby. Weird!