Wednesday, August 16, 2006

If I had a BB gun...

If I had a BB gun, then there would have been a dead bird in our yard yesterday!...

Since we were out of town all weekend sleeping on crummy hotel beds, I was hoping for a great night's sleep Sunday, but I didn't get one. So, I thought for sure I would sleep excellently on Monday night. I was off in pleasant dreamland when suddenly in my dream I was chasing a bird, trying to attack it. I awoke to realize that the reason I was chasing an annoying bird in my dream was because there was an extremely noisy and annoying bird right outside our window!!! We have had bird issues before, but this was definitely the worst so far!

Tuesday morning, approximately 4:30 a.m. the bird nightmare began.

Now, without a sound clip you won't REALLY understand, but I will try to explain. This bird did not have the nice fluttery "chirp chirp" melodious call of most birds. Instead of a random little song, this bird was doing a rythmic series of about 5 or 6 "honks!" Jason and I both irritatedly jumped out of bed and slammed both bedroom windows shut, but we could still hear the unpleasant honking clear as day. We both like to sleep no doubt, but I really cherish my sleep and NEED it! We both tossed and turned lying there actually anticipating the next bird's call and then mocking the rythym in our head. We refused to talk to one another, even though we knew the other was awake, becuase we were just so frustrated and annoyed.

So, what do you do with an annoying honking bird???!!! Jason shut the windows in the middle of the night last night in an act of "prevention." It is too nice to have the air conditioning on and nothing beats a nice cool summer sleep.

Early this morning we did hear the usual birdie sounds, but our honking pest was no where to be heard. It is going to be a busy and stressful couple of work weeks, so he better stay away unless he wants me to stop at our newest store in town, The Sportsman's Warehouse and pick up some ammo...

No comments: