Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sick

Glad to see that my hubby made an update! We both have been really busy at work and neither of us choose to stay late to blog!

I am still quite busy at work - I have two programs starting in two weeks and I am also recruiting for 1 other fall and 4 spring programs... To make it all worse, I am sick! I have a raging sinus infection and feel pretty badly. I stayed home from work yesterday to rest and am now on strong antibiotics. I sit at my computer wondering if my head is either going to just tip over and land on my desk, or if it is simply going to explode! Believe it or not, I am feeling some relief, but there is a long way to go.

Jason keeps asking me if I can have a surgery or do something to eliminate all of my sinus troubles. As far as I know, there is nothing that I can do. I snort Flonase - a nasal decongestant every day, but I do still have pretty constant sinus "issues" and pressure. My sinuses actually felt great in Mexico - maybe we'll just have to move there!!! I try to just ignore the pain as much as possible and treat myself with over-the-counter decongestants. But, in times like these when I want to be shot in the head to relieve the pressure, I suck it up and take antibiotics.

So, there you go. I am not feeling well, but I am surviving. I know that so many other people deal with worse pains and ailments, but it helps to share my story!

What else is new...

We did go to the county fair. We each had a corndog, but it started to rain and we left before we could eat any more fair food. We stopped for Blizzards on the way home, though!

I will try to post pictures of Jason's birthday and from this last weekend with the Johnson's visiting.

These are some pics that Jason's mom, Sharon, took on Jason's birthday.

We'll see if they show up or not - I am having some troubles!

Our friends Tessa and Michael from church had their baby girl! Welcome to the world, little Madeline!!! Mom and baby are doing fine – I can’t wait to have the chance to visit them once I am feeling better!

We had a fun time with the Johnson’s – they brought their little dog, Max along. He is a Schnoodle – Schnauzer and Poodle mix! Very cute! We spent the day on Saturday browsing some local shops and then ate at one of our new favs, Texas Roadhouse.

A friend of mine that I worked with in college is getting married this weekend, so we are heading to my college town to attend the wedding. It will be fun for us to get away – another reason I am glad that I am on the antibiotics – I wouldn’t be much fun if I am still miserable with headaches!

We’ll have to post some pics of the wedding!

Bye for now, faithful readers!

~Amber

No comments: