Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The beginning of the updates...

Well, hello blog readers!

It has been a while...sorry! Jason and I have both been crazy busy at work, so blogging has been on the backburner. I have taken a few minutes during my lunch here to provide a brief update!

Let's see...last Thursday was my 25th birthday. I worked at a conference all day and then stopped at Target on my way home to browse. When I got home, we heated some leftovers quickly and I opened my cards and gifts. Thank you to all of you who sent cards and gifts - you made me feel so special! Jason gave me a CD I wanted - "The Road to Here" by Little Big Town. I have been into country again lately! He also gave me a cute shirt. Sarah remembered that I love reading Karen Kingsbury books and bought me one that I can't wait to start.

We quickly headed off to Jason's softball game. Our guys are trying so hard, but still have yet to win a game! Then, we headed off for my favorite treat - Dairy Queen! We also celebrated on Friday night by eating at Texas Roadhouse - great steak, and by renting a movie.

Satruday morning was spent putting the finishing touches on the bathroom (that is really what I wanted from Jason for my birthday - I am so thankful for all of his hard work! I got my birhtday wish!) I did some cleaning and Jason mowed the lawn. The Andersons were on their way! We picked up Andy (my step-dad) at the Amtrak station (he's working out of state for a few months) and the rest of the gang - mom, Brittany, Moriah, Autumn, Summer, Trinity, Easton, and Dawson were on their way in the van! They ended up getting stuck in a terrible storm (poor things!) and lost some of their items out of their van topper when the wind blew the cover open and the contents spilled into the surrounding fields! We were so glad when they made it safely!

I think I will need to stop there, but I promise to return! Jason has the camera/pics, so hopefully he can post some today or tomorrow.

Overall, we had a great weekend. I am tired and am ready to crash when I get home today! Thank goodness it is only a 3 day work week and I am using the last of my vacation days next week! Time for some summer RELAXATION!!! All weekends that we haven't traveled have been consumed by house "stuff" it seemed. I know that we relax a lot more than most (no kids yet :-))!

Gotta go!

Until next time,
Amber

No comments: