Thursday, June 21, 2007

He's so good to me

I admit I am not a morning person. I am not very talkative in the morning and am certainly not prepared to have important conversations in the morning. Jason and I aren't up and around each other much in the morning as shortly after I am showered, he takes off for the day.

I was a feeling a little warm and "puffy" this morning due to the heat and humidity and casually mentioned to Jason that I was a little frustrated and nervous that I might become absolutely huge and wondered what I might feel like 60 days from now when it is even hotter... I was just feeling a little "edgy."

We exchanged our usual hugs and kisses and Jason left for work. I proceeded to try and dump my "edginess" by praying while I finished getting ready. I don't think I ever even made it to "amen" as I finished my always rushed routine.

I started my car to realize that a special certain someone had put in a praise and worship CD cued to one of my recent favorites - the live version of Chris Tomlin's "How Great is Our God." I was overwhelmed with feeling loved - not only by Jason, since he took this time out to brighten my morning, but by our awesome God. I am always so amazed and thankful at how God honors our desire to draw near to him and how he consistently uses our spouse (His perfect gift created for us) to bless us and remind us of His love for me. When I am down, Jason helps remind me to draw near to Christ. I do my best to do the same in return for him. It is always so cool to me how God has us even each other out. My prayer is that we always think of each other as this perfect gift and that our marriage is a testimony to others.

So, my raging pregnant hormones led me to shed tears of gratefulness, humbleness, and awe at how truly blessed I am and how truly great our God is - most of my 45 minute commute to work!

Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Jason. I love you both - my main men!

No comments: