Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Who do you work for?

This morning I was reading in Genesis the story of Joseph and how his brothers had sold him to a trader because they were jealous of his relationship with his dad. Potiphar, a right hand man to Pharaoh bought him. The interesting thing that I read after that was… “His master saw that the LORD was WITH him and the LORD caused all that he did to succeed in his hands.” Genesis 39

This made me think of my own work ethic and my own work situation. So many times I find myself boasting of how valueable I am to the company and how I feel I should be put in charge of more, how I should make more, and how my bosses should listen to my ideas, but the one thing I fail to ask myself is, “Can they see that the Lord is with me”? Does my life, my actions, my words reflect the very nature of God? Humbly I’d have to answer no for most things. We as a society have taken on the mindset where we think we deserve everything, and that everything should be handed to us. We value success by our bank accounts and our own achievements.

I wonder how successful some of us would be if we were like Joseph. The Bible says that whatever Joseph did, the Lord made him succeed. Even while he was in prison, God showed him favor and success. It’s amazing at the kinds of things that God can do in us, through us, and for us if we only live for Him. If we put Him first before all things and circumstances. We think that titles and positions matter, but for Joseph God made him successful and showed favor even in a prison setting!

My prayer is that the people around me would start to see that the Lord is WITH me as well. May I focus on God so much that success just follows. Not success in the world’s eyes, but through God’s eyes. May I radiate Christ in me, and may my hands, my words, and my thoughts work unto the Lord instead of unto man….


Thoughts from the mind of Jason…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jason!!!!!!!!!!
are you SURE God has not called you to be a preacher???
what a topic.. what a sermon...
what a witness... it spoke to me...
its so hard sometimes to want to always get that pat on the back..
and yet to have Jesus glorified thru you..
sometimes they collide...
you and sarah could go on the road...preaching and singing and amber could sing...
wow...
looking forward to tomorrow..
home late tonight..
with grandma..
love, momB

Jennie C. said...

Morning, Amber! Sorry to post this here, but you don't have an email link. Please come back and read the rest of the comments on that co-sleeping post. People are very concerned about that book you mentioned! I've never read it, but others have and somebody is steering you down a bad road. And feel free to delete this comment and pretend it was an email.

Love,
Jennie