Monday, January 28, 2008

One-handed Talent!

I have been thinking a lot lately about how many things I have learned to do with one hand. Things that I often (almost daily) do with one hand due to nursing or simply holding Evelyn (she loves to watch me do just about anything!):
-Laundry
-Cooking (I can't really cut much with only one hand. I tried very hard the other day to cut a tomato while holding her - it did not work. Too dangerous!)
-Makeup application
-Typing (especially work emails that must get out and blog comments - I treat myself to reading blogs sometimes while I nurse.)
-Making the bed
-Pouring a glass of water

These seem to be the main things that I can think of right now. I think they're pretty good accomplishments. I do wear my Baby Bjorn a lot. I couldn't live without the thing! And, my sling arrived. She needs to get a little bigger before it works for the "hip" hold - I think I will love it then.

What can you do one-handed?

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Eat!!
Make a bottle, make the bed, pack my lunch, make Brody breakfast, do homework, talk on the phone...
The list could go on and on.

I think the one-handed thing really comes into play with child number two!

How are things going?

Our Love Story said...

Thanks, Trisha! I forgot the EAT part. Most meals are enjoyed with Evelyn on my lap! She is getting to the point where she reaches for my plate now, though...

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing what you can do with one hand? Plus you really learn to use your toes effectively as well don't you think? Well I am very proud of your multi-tasking as a mother and that you are taking advantage of holding her as much as you can. Because it doesn't seem that long ago that I was holding you. Time flies. Can't wait to see you all.

Love, Mom (and Grandma) Anderson